- Wash hair with a sulfate free shampoo, such as Shea Moisture or Giovanni.
- Oil Rinse with natural oils. My favorite combination is equal parts olive and castor oils.
- Condition hair with Shea Moisture, Giovanni, or Yes to Cucumbers conditioner.
- Rinse Conditioner with cool water to seal the cuticle and for shinier hair.
- Shake head/hair, not too vigorously, to rid the hair of excess water.
- Blot Dry with a microfiber towel or old cotton t-shirt.
- Apply leave-in, preferably the Kimmaytube Leave-In or Giovanni Direct Leave-In. Other recommendations include any conditoner designed as a leave-in or the Yes to Cucumbers conditioner.
- If not using the Kimmatube Leaeve In, Seal in moisture, preferably with a light oil such as jojoba or grapeseed.
- GO! Simple, huh? LOL.
- Avoid touching the hair while it is still damp. This may disrupt the curl pattern, leading to frizzy hair.
- If you do not feel like washing the hair, step one can be replaced with an ACV rinse or just saturating the hair with water. (I shampoo my hair no more than once a week, even though I may wet it every two to three days).
- I don't have detangling listed above, because I hardly detangle my hair unless styling and I prefer to dry detangle. Try detangling during the conditioning process or when hair has been covered with the oil rinse, before rising out.
- The oil rinsing is imperative. Oil rinsing decreases the amount of single strand knots, leads to shiner and softer hair, and is great for those who regularly wear wash and go styles.
- For best results, use the Kimmaytube Leave-In. Go ahead and start mixing!
- For a moisturizer and sealant in one, add a bit of oil to the leave-in conditioner before applying to hair.
P.S. Almost forgot, to refresh a wash-n-go the next morning, you can spritz the hair with a water-based moisturizer. I am in desperate need of some OH Greg Juice, although I may try the OH Hair Dew next time I order from Oyin. The products is advertised as glycerin free moisturizer for refreshing hair in the morning. Cand hardly wait.