- Washing With Distilled Water: I have been managing to go through one large bottle a wash. But this is more water conscious then when I get in the shower and let the water run, run, run. I have been very savvy by using a spritz bottle to make my hair wet rather than running it under a faucet or shower stream.
- Washing/Conditioning Hair in the Mirror: This ensures that I get every part of my hair well washed and well conditioned. When I washed in the shower or in the sink, I would come out and look in the mirror only to discover that my entire mane was not covered with product.
- Applying Leave-Ins and Moisturizers to Every Part of My Hair: This has led to consistently moisturized hair that looks great and feels uber soft to the touch.
- Using Three Levels of Moisture: Per Chicoro's recommendations, I now moisturize with a water/aloe based moisturizer, an oil based moisturizer, and a cream based moisturizer. The oil is usually coconut or olive, the cream based moisturizer is usually Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus Curl and Style Milk or Oyin Handmade Hair Dew. My hair has never felt this moisturized for this long. Speaking of water/aloe based moisturizer...
- Using a Water/Aloe Spritz on My Hair: Nothing fancy, just about equal parts of aloe vera juice and distilled water with several drops of tea tree essential oil. I may also add jojoba oil if I feel like it. This spray applied right before I get in the shower leads to very moisturized, very soft hair that looks full bodied.
- Finger Detangling: I have stepped away from the comb. I don't even use a comb to part my hair. Finger detangling has saved many a would be broken strand. My only regret is that I didn't use this method all along.
Sunday, August 21, 2011
Hair Regimen Updates: Smart Things I've Been Doing to My Mane Lately
Well, in response to this hard, hard water I have been using on my hair, I have changed some things around in my hair care regimen. Today was a Wash Day. (I try to get it done on Friday, but Friday becomes Saturday and then I end up washing on Sunday. LOL). With LSAT studying, life has been somewhat busier. Not very stressful. But anwho, I have decided to share some smart things I have been doing to keep my tresses in tip top shape.