Sunday, January 16, 2011

On My Way to a BAA (Big A** Afro)

When I first cut my locs, I was nervous about rocking a TWA. I didn't think I'd be able to pull it off. I soon became confident enough to walk around proudly. As my hair, I realized I was departing the TWA (teeny weeny afro) club, and moving on up to the MSA (medium sized afro) club. I know, we naturals have a lot of abbreviations and acronyms. This past Friday, I took down the cornrows my sister did in my hair, and followed my usual method of spritzing the very stretched out hair with Greg Juice by Oyin Handmade, then allowing the steam from the shower to moisturize and shrink my afro. I wish I had a before picture, but here is the end result.


I am steadily making my way to a BAA (big a** afro). My growth process is coming along nicely. I am looking to see even bigger improvements because of my new detangling method that is resulting in less shed hair, and my castor oil challenge which I am starting this week.


3 comments:

  1. Your hair looks great April! I've been natural for five months now and your advice is helping a lot. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Glad to be of help. I learn more and more each day.

    ReplyDelete